Senior Scientist, Abt Associates, Inc.
I have performed environmental consulting for several clients (e.g. federal and state government agencies, private businesses, NGOs) on projects including habitat use characterization, environmental impact assessments and mitigation, and data analysis and technical report writing.
Since late-2013, I have been a Senior Scientist at Stratus Consulting, now Abt Associates. I have worked on injury assessments of and restoration planning for natural resources related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill (DWH) in support of federal and state Trustees in the DWH Natural Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA). I have also worked on a program evaluation for the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation’s Marine Conservation Initiative.
CLIENTS AND PROJECTS
- Principal Investigator and technical lead, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, Identifying bycatch priorities and conservation targets for Eastern Pacific leatherbacks
- Co-evaluator, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, Marine Conservation Initiative.
- Louisiana Audubon, Restore the Mississippi River Delta, Review of the regional, national, and international importance of Louisiana avifauna.
- Contractor, Division of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Bioenergetics and Patterns of Habitat Use of Leatherback Turtles in Atlantic Canada
- Consultant, World Wildlife Fund-International, Marine Turtle Programme Monitoring and Baseline Data Compilation and Recommendations
- Subcontractor to HDR Environmental, Operations and Construction, Inc. as Sea Turtle Expert on US Navy Sea Turtle Habitat Use and Density Modeling
- Subcontractor for Hardner & Gullison Associates, LLC, for review and oversight assistance of Minera Panama marine management and monitoring plans, Donoso District, Panama
- Consultant, Pendoley Environmental Pty Ltd, Scientific analysis and technical writing, marine turtle biology and conservation.
- Consultant, Sea Turtle Expert review of US Navy Environmental Impact Statement, Marianas Islands Training and Testing Activities
- Environmental impact assessments, biodiversity status and threats assessments
- Ecological analyses for management applications
- Marine turtle research and conservation
- Data analysis, technical report writing and editing
- Strategic planning, working group facilitation